Antiwrinkle Injections (Botox)
What is Antiwrinkle injections?
ANTIWRINKLE injections are made up of purified protein that acts as a neuromodulator and affects the message transfer from a nerve to a muscle. In the face, this relaxes the area injected producing a smoother wrinkle free appearance.
What antiwrinkle injection can do for you
- Soften frown lines between the eyes giving a more relaxed look.
- Erase worry lines across the forehead providing a smoother appearance.
- Diminish the laughter lines at the side of the eyes.
- Lift the corners of the mouth and soften lip lines.
- Sharpen and define the jaw line helping to reduce the jowl.
- Relax the jaw muscles helping prevent the side effects of teeth grinding (Bruxism) and reduce the enlarged jaw area.
- Reduce chronic headache and migraine.
- Eliminate embarrassing sweating in underarms, forehead, hands and other areas.
Botox is the only product licensed in the UK for use in the frown and laughter lines and also for underarm sweating and migraine. Botox is manufactured by the brand leader Allergan Ltd and should not be confused with other inferior products sometimes used in the aesthetic industry.
The treatment involves a small number of tiny injections of the Botox solution into the muscle groups that are causing the lines and wrinkles. The procedure is virtually pain free, in the hands of our experienced Doctors, and no anaesthetic is required.
The full effect of Botox takes between 4 and 14 days to develop and gives a smooth, wrinkle free appearance for approximately 3-4 months. We advise 3-4 treatments in the first year as the effects may then start to last longer and the time between repeat treatments increase.
There are very few side effects with Botox and these are usually technique and dependant. Choice of your practitioner is therefore of paramount importance. There have been no reported long term side effects from the use of Botox. There may be a small possibility of a bruise at the injection site.